1. The Organising Committee accepts no legal responsibility whatsoever in respect of anything pertainingto a choir’s participation in the Festival.
2.Administration fee (minus any bank charges incurred) will be refunded if a choir is not selected.
3. If, subsequent to selection, a choir/ensemble withdraws from Non-Competitive participation a 50% refund less bank charges will apply up to 10th May. No refund will apply after this date.
4.The Festival accepts no responsibility for any expense incurred by any choir or individual chorister participating in the Festival.
5. It is contrary to law to perform music that has been reproduced illegally. Should choir do so, the Festival accepts no responsibility for any action taken by the copyright owners.
6. Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the rules and regulations.
7.ny updates will be made on the Application Form found on this website.
Maiori Choir Fest
An Amalfi Coast event
25-29 june 2020
Choirs will be judged according the following criteria: INTONATION, FIDELITY TO THE SCORE. SOUND, PROGRAMME, OVERALL ARTISTIC IMPRESSION.
The jury will award a maximum of 100 points for each choir, as follows:
80,01-85,00: Very good
According to the mark achieved, Bronze, Silver and Gold Prizes (Statuette and Diplomas) will be awarded. If the choir does not achieve any prize (mark under 65,01) it will receive a certificate of participation.
from 65,01 to 75.00 Bronze
- from 75,01 to 85.00 Silver
- from 85,01 to 100,00 Gold Prize
- Grand Prix
- Best conductor
- Best soloist for men and women
- Improved performance of the Italian composer piece
- Best arrangement of a contemporary composer
- Best choreography
- Best traditional costumes
Each choir is required to forward:
1. A completed application form
2. Digital MP3 Recordings of the choir (Min. 3)
3. A digital short history of the choir detailing activities and achievements
4. A digital photograph (suitable for publicity purposes and at least 1MB in size) of the choir
5. Details of repertoire 6. Receipt of payment of 1⁄2 of payment for the accomodation .
All items for submission can be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), however, all elements of the application and supporting documents must be received by the Festival Office until 1th may 2020 ( to secure your application.) Choirs and ensembles are selected on the basis of their application material. Particular attention is paid to the repertoire and quality of performance presented on the audio tracks submitted with the application.
The administration fee for non-competitive participation is €20 per participant The administration fee for competitive participation is €150 per choir (ensemble) (including the conductor and any additional persons traveling with the choir). This fee will cover:
1) your choir’s participation fee, Festival accreditation, an assigned ‘fáilteoir’ (Festival volunteer welcomer and liaison),
2) your official Festival Badge, admission to Festival Events and Gala Concerts along with specially negotiated accommodation rates. The entry fee must will be paied at your arrival here ( with the other 1⁄2 of accommodation quote). Any increase/decrease in participant numbers can be settled prior to .
NOTE: Please ensure that the name of choir and contact details are noted on bank transfer.
The Festival does not contribute to a choir’s travel costs to and from Maiori/Minori. Bus transportation will be provided to choirs as follows:
• The Festival will provide transportation, as it deems appropriate, to scheduled performance venues within the city limits at no cost to choirs.
• The Festival will, if required, organise bus transport to choirs on their arrival, from Naples/Rome Airport to their accommodation ( pls contact us for a quotation)
The hotels of the festival are in Maiori and surrondings (depends on the group that will book first) a good location to explore beatiful places and where the workshops will take place. Rooms are comfortable and equipped with private bathroom, tv and WIFI connection (both, basic and good level)
basic (hostel & 2 stars category)
● In double/triple room: 240 euro per person
● In Single room: 360 euro per person
- Includes: Breakfast and dinner - 4 nights: from 25 june (dinner) to monday 29 june (breakfast and departures)
good (4 stars or 3 stars of equal quality)
● In double/triple room: 320 euro per person
● In Single room: 420 euro per person
- Includes: Breakfast and dinner - 4 nights: (from 25 june (dinner) to monday 29 june (breakfast and departures)
20 euro per participant Includes:
• Music scores and materials
• Certification of participation
• Ravello, the city of music – half day – 40 euro per person
• Royal Palace of Caserta – half day – 70 euro per person
• Pompeii ruins – half day – 40 euro per person. (excursions fees with lunch included)
Recording and Photographic Rights It is a condition of participation that a choir agrees that: Any performance it gives during the Festival may be photographed, broadcast live and/or recorded for subsequent reproduction and/or broadcast on radio/ television/internet without payment to the choir. All broadcasting and photographic rights to any performance at the Festival shall belong to the Festival which will be free to dispose of them or utilise them in promotional materials as it sees fit. It is the duty of all choirs with members under 18 years of age to ensure that informed consent is sought from young people and their parents/ carers is this regard. Any performance it gives during the Festival may, without payment, be recorded and the Festival shall be entitled to possession of any such recording and shall further be entitled to reproduce any such recording and to sell, let for hire, offer or exposure for sale or hire, distribute or otherwise dispose of any recording or reproduction of recording of any such performance in any manner as it sees fit.
The competition is reserved for choral groups (without limit on the number of members) and is divided into the following categories:
Categories A: Youth choirs (from 16 to 30 years) - White voices choirs
Category B: POLYPHONIC MUSIC (sacred and profane)
Category C: JAZZ - GOSPEL- POP - CONTEMPORARY
Category D: TRADITIONAL MUSIC (authentic folk song / folk)
Mixed choirs, equals choirs, etc. are allowed in all categories.
• The number of choristers is unlimited.
• Instrumental accompaniment is allowed only for category C.
• Maximum playing time 15 minutes (max 4 pieces - min. 2 a cappella).
• Acoustic amplification of voices and instrumental accompaniment is allowed only for category C.
• no kind of playback is allowed.
• If you need an amplification system, you must agree on the details with the organization well in advance.